With the kitchen increasingly considered to be the centerpiece of a home, consumers want custom, premium design elements to create a high end look and feel. Exotic woods are excellent contrasts to the stainless steel, clear glass and natural stone commonly found in modern kitchens, softening their overall appearance with traditional, timeless appeal. As a result, the use of exotic wood in countertops has seen resurgence in recent years. This renewed appeal traces to its:
• Natural, classic beauty
• Warmth and personality
• Unique and limitless design resources
• Sustainable as a natural resource
Today, wood’s presence is extending beyond the traditional butcher block into custom countertops throughout the kitchen – especially islands and eating areas. Wood can be both contemporary and antique, and may be the only surface material that looks better the older it gets. It gives kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities a quality, prestigious look that never goes out of style.
Wood’s design characteristics offer a range of dramatic options:
- Large islands (up to 16’ long and over 7’ wide) without seams
- Thicknesses from 1¼” to as much as 15”
- Unsupported overhangs of 15” to even 30”
- Carved inside corners to achieve a true furniture look
. . . and striking effects:
- Grain, colors, and textres showing "movement".
- Unique corners sing grain direction
- Eye-catching combination of:
- Color and tone sing different wood varieties
- Distinct shapes with complex edge profiles
- Contrast and balance using other surface materials
We carry exotic wood countertops from the craftsmen at Craft Art, the leading name in exotic wood countertops. All Craft Art wood is inspected for density and strength – the key to durability and performance – and then hand selected and matched for aesthetics. Every wood countertop is protected by a Tung-oil based, organic and food-safe finish. This premium finish makes the countertops waterproof and extremely difficult to stain or burn.
Our choice of Craft Art Wood also results from our commitment to the environment.
- Does not use any wood that is being over harvested or that is on any threatened or endangered species list.
- Actively supports international forestry conservation efforts to increase the use of sustainable forestry practices.
- Offers products that satisfy Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) requirements.
- Teragren Bamboo.
- A wide selection of reclaimed wood varieties